Tuesday, January 6, 2009

AVR GCC toolchain sideways upgrade

Wow, long title, eh?

Ok, so ever since I upgraded my AVR Eclipse plugin to version 2.3.1, I haven't been able to compile my code. I have been running the latest AVR GCC for Ubuntu 8.10 - version 4.3.0 from the repositories. So anyway, I decided I wanted to upgrade my AVR GCC after I was unsuccessful at upgrading my AVR Eclipse plugin.

Now like the post title says, I did it kinda sideways. Sure, I could have downloaded the tarball and gone that route, but I wasn't real confident in my ability to do it and not screw up. Oh yeah, I went to the Jaunty AVR GCC page to find the upgrade. So instead of installing the tarball, I went a step further to upgrade my distribution. Yeah, yeah, yeah, don't upgrade to a development distribution unless you know what you're doing, right. Anyway, I added

deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu jaunty main universe

to my software sources list and after it refreshed, I went into Synaptic, searched for AVR and selected the Upgrade option. I'm not sure if that is exactly what the option is, but close enough that anyone reading this gets the point.

So now I can compile. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment